I’m always on the lookout for examples of perfectly viral Facebook posts. The most recent example of an awesome, viral Facebook post put out by a company was one that my girlfriend shared with me the other day. Posted by a travel company – FlightNetwork.com, it was a beautifully romantic picture; one to which I immediately thought: “Wow! What an awesome viral Facebook post”.
I’ve included the post and the image below. Keep in mind who’s posting this image (a travel company – FlightNetwork), what their business is (getting people to travel) and what they are trying to achieve (brand awareness, increased Likes and ultimately more business).
The tagline for the image was brilliant:
Tag that special someone you want to visit Paris with!
So the post received a lot of Likes, Shares and comments – exactly what you need to make your Facebook posts go viral.
Ok, so here are some viral Facebook posts guidelines you can follow to increase Facebook shares, likes and comments on your own Facebook business page.
1. Keep it Short – Facebook used to only allow 420 characters per post but now they have an arbitrary limit of 63,206 characters. Just because they allow a lot more characters per post, however, doesn’t mean that you should be using all that space. Keep your posts short and sweet. Studies show that shorter posts get read and shared more often than longer ones.
2. Keep Things Regular – People are addicted to schedules so try to make sure that you follow one with your posts. At the beginning, you may need to test your fan base to find out when and how often to post.
3. Always Reply – Since engagement plays such a big factor in both how many fans stay a fan of your page as well as how much Edgerank Facebook gives to your posts, make sure that you’re keeping up that engagement. If someone replies to one of your posts – saying anything at all – make sure you reply back. Tag them in the reply and try to keep them engaged by asking them a question or furthering the conversation along.
4. Pay Attention to Time Zones – You need to know where your fans are located and post when it’s ideal for them and not for you.
5. Include a Call to Action – Just because you may think it’s obvious that fans should click “Play” on the video, it’s not always obvious to them. Since that’s the case, make sure that you always tell your fans exactly what it is that you want them to do.
6. Tell Them What to Look For – If you really want your fans to read an article or post that you’ve put up on your site, post something that points out a specific item in the article.
7. Include a Captivating Image / Pic – Images get commented on, liked and shared more than anything else on Facebook. So it makes sense that if you include a picture or image in your posts, you’ll get more comments, likes and shares. Whether the image is something related or not, any image is better than no image. Try to include images that are captivating and you’ll see a large increase in the amount of engagement you get. Don’t use copyrighted photos and images though!
For more information, check out What to Post on your Facebook Business Page.